Monday, August 20, 2012

A Special Occasion

It was 366 rotations of the earth ago today, give or take, when I first stepped foot on Californian soil (okay, airport floor).

Oh my GOD, you guys, it's my one-year Caliversary!



And what a year it has been. I'm not sure I have the brain capacity to process all the literally gazillions of things that have happened in this past orbit of our little blue orb around its slightly less little yellow star. Luckily I have no real interest in the things that have happened to Andorra, Henry Kissinger, paramecia, and many, many other subjects that also survived this great 940-million-kilometer journey through the vast emptiness of space.

Still, even processing all the things that have happened to this particular subject in the past year is a little overwhelming. The discovery of a field of study to which I want to devote the rest of my life, the diagnosis of a mild mental illness, the whole trans* thing... those are all Major Life Things. I kind of feel as though, in the course of the past year, I have leveled up three times over in this great RPG campaign we call Life. (It makes the math behind my saving throws a lot more complicated, but I've unlocked some boss new feats and skills.)

Of course, all the challenges would have been a lot more, well, challenging, if I hadn't had a totally amazeballs crew helping me pilot the USS My Life (to switch to a different, yet no less geeky, image). I <3 everyone. Cheers. Here's to the future: steady as she goes.

2 comments:

  1. I want to know where you found the Spongebob fanart. It's hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just google-image-searched "gasp". It made me laugh, so I couldn't resist.

      Delete