Thursday, September 29, 2011

Happy Birthday GCG

HOLY MATZAH BALLS. Apparently I've managed to sustain this spewing-my-thoughts-on-the-internet malarkey for an entire orbit of the earth around the sun.

Knowing this, you might be tempted to go back and read some of the thoughts I first spewed here, back in the misty dawn of time. Don't do it. Seriously, those early posts stink.

(You're doing it, aren't you? *sigh* Take them with a pinch of salt, okay?)

What will, I think, be fun is to revisit some of the self-selected highlights of Gay Christian Geek's first year. First, though, don't you want to know some stats?

Five Most Popular Posts

Drinking Game Of Thrones

A Very Glee Blog Post

“Facebook-rape” No More!

The Theology of Broadway's The Book of Mormon Part Four – Jews, Christians, Mormons, & Everyone Else: “I Believe”

Disneyfail: Pocahontas vs The Princess and the Frog

Top Five Referring Sites

Feministe (hooray for Shameless Self-Promotion Sunday)

Google (cheating, I'm conflating .com and .co.uk)

The Deadly Doll's House of Horror Nonsense (thanks, Emily! FYI GleeKast is the main reason I'm still watching Glee, its brain-breaking terribleness notwithstanding)

Overthinking It (even unsolicited shameless self-promotion apparently works)

Shakesville (<3 <3 <3 <3 <3)

Proudest Blogging Moments

Being quoted at length in The Funny Feminist's review of The Book of Mormon (which she's actually seen).

Guest-posting at Canonball and Bitch Flicks.

Any time a friend has made it clear, during meat-conversation, that they do indeed read my spewings.


As vast an exercise in ego onanism (egonanism?) as this blogging enterprise is, the thing that elevates it above mere intellectual echo chamber is you, beloved reader. Thank you to everyone who's ever engaged with my ramblings, especially Sam and Shadsie. It's an honor to be read by you, and in GCG's second year I'll do my level best to be worthy of it. Upward and onward!

Five Things I Wrote That You Should Definitely (Re-)Read

Slow Down Your Neighbors: Universalism, Semiotics, and Rob Bell

The Theology of Broadway's The Book of Mormon (parts one, two, three, and four)

FUCK YOU, STRAIGHT PEOPLE

God of Speculative Fiction

Fictioneering #1: It Looked Like Spilt Milk

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! Here's to many more years!

    Also, "egonanism" is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete